Wednesday 17 February 2010

Happy Birthday Stephanie

Today was Stephanies birthday. Its a hard life being 21 as she will gladly inform you. Her friend looked after her youngest son so that we could go out to lunch. After much deliberation we went to The Cheesecake Factory, an establishment I have heard much about from fellow Americans but have managed to somehow miss on my many excursions to the land of excessive consumption. We had hardly walked into the restaurant when I was drawn, not a surprising statement some might say, towards the dessert counter. There on top of the refridgerated counter were three of the most gargantuan cakes I have ever laid eyes on. It took all my self control to not order a slice of each. Glossing over the main course, which although lovely was merely a means of nourishment, and moving swiftly onto dessert we ordered two slices of cheesecake. A slice of red velvet "Stephanie" cheesecake and a delectable dark slice of Godiva chocolate cheesecake.


As these were adjacent to one another in the menu it was deemed to be a sign and the order was made. Had this not been the case we might still be there now deliberating on which two to have. My preference leant towards the Godiva cheesecake, again, no surprises there. Being in America, should you be unable to finish your meal or on the rare occasion that you are beaten by your dessert (I hasten to add this happens but rarely), the culinary establishment will provide you with a box for you to take home the remainder of your meal for further enjoyment at home. On the way out I had a misunderstanding with an outdoor heater and came off the injured party. However, please do not be alarmed, bruises are not terminal.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Cheesecake Factory is my FAVORITE!!! I'm so glad you got to go! Looks like you're having fun over there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Cheescake factory. Although i am glad they don't exist in europe. otherwise i would not be able to keep my self-control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh, you beat me to it. Still haven't been to Cheesecake Factory, though at least I got a $25 gift voucher for Christmas from my supervisor so I will be sure to go soon... Think I might just do a starter and then a few desserts!!!! Cheesecake is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete