Thursday 25 March 2010

A house with a view!

The house where I have been staying in Utah has glorious views from almost every window! It is situated on one of the mountains in a suburb known as Cottonwood Heights and is a mile or so from the foot of the steepest part of the mountain. My favourite view is from the landing window, from which you can see down into the valley and the mountains at the otherside. At any time of day this is glorious but my favourite time of the day is early morning while it is still dawn when you can barely see the sun shining on the mountains from the other side of the valley where the house is situated. The back windows look upto the mountain we are situated on and this morning I sat and watched the sun rise out of the kitchen window. The sun rises later in Utah as it has to come high over the mountains before it comes into view so. Though I miss Englands green, pleaseant and historic land, I will miss the mountains when I leave Utah. Wherever you go there is no escaping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment