Monday 1 March 2010

Riding the Bus

The time finally arrived that I would need to have a phone. Having decided against hiring a car and killing myself by driving on the wrong side of the road, the bus was the only option left to me! I looked up the times online, or so I thought I had, and commenced my journey. The recreational centre was on the way so I popped in to enquire about lane swimming before walking the rest of the way to where I could pick up the route 72 bus. All was going well until I had waited at the bus stop for half an hour without even seeing another bus going in the opposite direction. A young mother walked by and helped me out by calling the bus company and they informed her that the next bus would be along in 2 minutes. They were correct and sure enough the bus arrived! The fares here are very helpful for you can purchase a ticket which will last you for 3 hours, regardless of the direction of travel. I managed to get to the AT&T store, purchase a phone and credit and get back on the bus going back home all within about half an hour! I was thrilled not to have to wait a further 1.5 hours for the next one to arrive! The buses run semi regularly during the morning and then not over lunch, it seems, then sporadically during the afternoon! The moral of this story is to read all information thoroughly before commencing ones journey!

1 comment:

  1. Lesson learned: America is definitely NOT a public transport country but a car driving country whith the most drive-in whatevers that i have ever seen. Also please don't try to ride a bike on the streets there.. you might get killed.

    ReplyDelete