Monday 15 March 2010

"I was an hungered and ye gave me food"

The Vermont 3rd Ward meets from 1-4pm on a Sunday afternoon. In Utah it is more often than not the case that several congregations meet in the same building, with meeting times sometimes overlapping. My particular preference for church is in the morning so that I can enjoy spending the rest of the day with family and friends. Meal times are often skewed and generally I eat less that I during the week but there are always left overs to be picked at.
Following sacrament meeting I could feel my stomach groaning and Ruth, matter of factly, lead me to the clerks office where there was a STASH of snacks! Glory be I was saved! There was a large platter of individually wrapped sweets and biscuits as well as individual packets of peanuts! I decided that peanuts were the slightly healthier option and so opted for those! I am exceedingly glad that the Vermont 3rd Ward Bishopric is concerned over the temporal as well as the spiritual needs of its flock!

No comments:

Post a Comment