Thursday 29 April 2010

The Sacred Grove

In the Spring of 1820, following concerns about the conflicts between the various religious sects at that time, Joseph Smith went into a grove of trees to ask God the Father which of the churches he could join. The answer came directly from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ during the First Vision and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored to the earth.
The Sacred Grove is a special place and I felt privileged to have been able to walk upon this hallowed ground.









2 comments:

  1. Rebekah! I may be a little biased because I like you...but your pictures are truly breathtaking! I especially love the ones you took of the Sacred Grove. I think you should sell framed prints through Deseret Book! Good luck with you trip to home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love LOVE these pictures!!! I want to buy a print of the Sacred Grove!

    ReplyDelete